Back in June we ran a community competition to see what sort of articles and projects developers could come up with for Series 40 Java and Web Apps using the new Nokia SDK for Java. The competition was a success, with the contribution of a number of interesting and useful wiki articles and projects. These included the four winners below:
- 4Cast weather application by Douglas Hoskins (funkybro).
- Using the PositioningManager from Java ME Location API by Alessandro La Rosa (jappit)
- Touch & Type Currency Converter by Spyridon Antonellos (spiretos)
- Tweet 40 – Series 40 web app by Somnath Banik (somnathbanik)
The wait is over! On Friday a box of brand spanking new, hot off the press, direct from the factory Nokia C2-02s arrived in our offices in Finland. We should be posting these off to the deserving winners today.
The competition is now officially concluded, so I’d like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who contributed.
We don’t have another competition in the works right now, but remember that the Contributor of the Month wins eternal* glory (and a new S60 device). This month we’re after wiki articles for MeeGo/Harmattan/N9, but any entry can win.
* At least until next month