Series 40 UI Component Demos is a suite of small Java ME applications (“MiniApps”) that showcase the capabilities of the new series 40 Java Full Touch UI, accompanied by comprehensive design and “how to use” documentation.
The project will be of great use to both designers and developers. Designers can get see how the UI elements look on a real device and how they can be best used together, while developers can see exactly how the LCDUI components should be used in real applications.
The examples and documentation cover:
- How to handle cases where view doesn’t have content yet
- Handling multiple items at once
- Dynamically generating and displaying new Form items
- Adjusting a form based on user input
- Zooming images
Even though the example is targeted for Series 40 devices, most of the LCDUI components like Lists, Text, etc. also run on Symbian devices.
The project team are responsive to discussions and suggestions, so you if get stuck, just ask!
– Hamish Willee (on behalf of the Projects Moderation team)