Windows Phone 8 Maps Examples is a collection of code examples demonstrating the basic Map uses cases on Windows Phone 8. The examples are an evolution/extension of work previously done for other platforms, hosted on the Nokia Developer Wiki.
The map examples cover the following use cases (to list just a few):
- Basic map with kinetic panning and pinch zooming
- How different events can be captured, and which events are generated with different map changes
- Moving to predefined locations
- Switching different animation modes (parabolic, linear, none)
- Changing heading, pitch & zoom levels
- Switching between map color (light/dark) modes & map types (road, Arial, hybrid, terrain)
- Toggling pedestrian features & landmarks on/off
- Setting multiple values with setview()
- Add and remove Markers (MapOverlay), Polyline and Polygon to the Map.
- Geocoding and reverse geocoding
- Dynamic polylines
- Map location and area selectors
- And many many more …
The author has also created a number of wiki articles documenting some of these examples: Drawing shapes with Windows Phone maps API, Showing/Hiding map content with Windows Phone maps API, Fitting content into the view with Windows Phone maps API, Draggable markers with Windows Phone maps API .
The project and wiki articles are essential viewing for anyone working with maps on Windows Phone 8. If you have any questions or suggestions, please raise them on the project discussion board.
– Hamish Willee (on behalf of the Projects Moderation team)