In what we believe to be a phone manufacturer first, we are providing the mechanical drawings for the Lumia 820’s back shell so you can modify and enhance the design then print it out on a 3D printer.
Now it’s up to you to come up with practical, innovative, or downright crazy concepts to put onto your phone. Some ideas we had include:
- Built-in belt clip or loop
- Attachment point for camera accessories
- Raised texture for non-slip grip
- Winding post for headphone cable
- Car mount
- Bicycle mount
- Backpack hanger
- Camera accessories
- Extra SIM or MicroSD holder
Visit our 3D printing wiki page to learn more and to download the files to begin designing and printing. We can’t wait to see what you create!