Belkin USB Bluetooth Adapter Works!
I had many of the same problems others have reported here connecting my Nokia 3650 to my PC using a Belkin USB/Bluetooth adapter (F8T001). But I kept playing around with it, and mRouter, and then noticed that, hello, the icon for mRouter had changed. What's this? mRouter reports it connected! Then I started up PC Suite and it works like a charm... Just backed up my phone, sync'd my contacts and calender, no problem...
So the Belkin USB adapter *can* work.
As to getting it to work, here's what I did
1) I went to the Belkin site and downloaded the latest driver (F8T001.exe). My version is 17,659,904 bytes in length.
2) Go to mRouter (in the system tray) and tell it which COM ports to use. Check the ports you chose under "Local settings" and "Client applications" in your Bluetooth configuration.
3) Start the "Bluetooth serial port" service under My Bluetooth Places\My Device (right-click, choose start).
4) Double-click "Bluetooth serial port" under "My Bluetooth places\Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood\Nokia3650". You will get a message saying "The remote device closed the connection" BUT if you look at "Bluetooth serial port" in My Device you will see the Nokia phone listed there. And the system tray icon for mRouter will change to show the connection is working.
I may be leaving out some important step here--I spent hours playing around with this until it finally worked. But the point is, it can work.
Here is the Belkin guide to connecting to the Nokia 3650
This is just the text. You can get the PDF from [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email]. Don't know if it's on the web somewhere.
Using your Bluetooth Adapter with the Nokia 3650.
Belkin Bluetooth Software ver 1.2
1. Make sure you have the latest Nokia PC Suite software loaded on the computer. The
Nokia PC Suite is required to connect to the Nokia 3650.
Note: You just download the PC Suite software for your Region. For example. If you
purchased your Phone in the US, you must download PC Suite from [url]www.nokiausa.com[/url]
2. Make sure the Belkin Bluetooth software and adapter is installed.
Pairing the Nokia 3650
1. Go to the Main Menu of your Nokia 3650
2. Go to CONNECT and select it by pressing the center of your Scroll Key
3. Select Bluetooth
4. Make sure Bluetooth is set to ON
5. Using your Scroll Key scroll to the next tab to the right in your Bluetooth Menu
6. Select OPTIONS and then NEW PAIRED DEVICES
7. Your Phone will search you area for active Bluetooth devices
8. Select the Computer you would like to connect your phone To
9. Enter a passkey, use 0000 and click OK
10. On your Computer check the taskbar (next to the Clock) for the Passkey prompt
11. Enter the same Passkey on your Computer (0000)
Setting COM Ports on the Computer
1. On your Computer, open Bluetooth Neighborhood.
2. On the Tool Bar Menu Select BLUETOOTH then DEVICE CONFIGURATION
3. Click on the LOCAL SERVICES TAB
4. Double click on the SERIAL PORT
5. Make sure that Startup is the only option Checked (uncheck encryption)
6. Next change the port to ComPort COM 9 or a higher number COM Port and click OK
7. Now go to the Client APPLICATIONS TAB under the DEVICE CONFIGURATION
8. Double Click on Bluetooth Serial Port
9. Click on the Pull down Menu and Click on COM10 or higher and Click OK
10. Click apply
Connect to COM Ports
1. Go to Bluetooth Neighborhood
2. Go to My Device
3. Right click on the Serial Port Icon the go to Properties
4. Verify the COM (COM9 or higher set in step 6 above) is selected and that Start up
5. Automatically is checked (uncheck encryption).
6. Double Click on the M-Router icon (PC Suite) on your taskbar.
7. In the PC Suite Software enable COM9 or higher set in step 6 only and close
8. Go Back to Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood and double click on the Paired Nokia Phone
9. Double click on the serial Port icon
10. Accept the connection on your Phone
11. You may get an error on your computer saying that com 0 is being used. Click OK.
12. You may get a connection fail prompt. Click OK
You are now connected to your phone. Verify the connection by double clicking on the M-router
icon on the bottom right of you¡¯re tool bar. The PC Suite Icon in the system tray will also turn from
grayed out to blue and green meaning that is connected.
Belkin is flaky with my 3650
I did the whole install and com 9 and 10 crap installation the way it is listed in some discussions here and the way Belkin tech support tells you to. I got it working with both, my laptop and my desktop PC. Well until now. Sometimes if I switch back and forth between using my desktop and my laptop, when I search for bluetooth device it still thinks it sees my laptop, even though the adapter is on my desktop computer. When I finally get the phone to recognize the desktop and I pair the device and do the serial connection, it just won't connect (the mRouter icon is still grey). Like I said, I HAD it working just fine, but now it doesn't anymore. Lord knows why. This whole "It reports an error but connects anyway" business sounds like Belkin is not ready for prime time yet. Has anyone had the same problem where it used to work but then doesn't anymore? I have spent COUNTLESS hours trying to get this thing to work right. Finally had it working for a few days and now this again. I am about ready to return this piece of.....
Any help would be appreciated. I don't check these boards often, so an email to [email]email@example.com[/email] would be appreciated.