We have launched a new online tool for requesting Developer Certificates.
If your application uses capabilities (other than user-grantable), you need a developer certificate to be able to run the application on a device. In case you need some sensitive capabilities (AllFiles, CommDD, DiskAdmin, NetworkControl, MultimediaDD, DRM, TCB) and/or a developer certificate for more than 100 devices (IMEIs), you need to go through manufacturer approved devcerts channel. Nokia with Symbian has recently launched new developer certificate tool for manufacturer approved developer certificates. The most significant changes with the new tool are:
- Capability request form is not needed anymore. It has been combined with the tool itself, so all you need is to create a .csr file with DevCertRequest tool and upload that via www.symbiansigned.com (Request Phone Manufacturer Approved DevCerts path).
- Once your developer certificate is approved, new requests with same capabilities and more IMEIs will be approved automatically. So you can use an approved developer certificate as a template and make new .csr file with added IMEIs.
- Better status information for the developer.
- A blog-like discussion can be done in the tool between Nokia and developer for receiving / providing more information regarding the request.
- Expiration date has been added to the view of the certificates. It is counted from the date when developer certificate has been approved. Granted developer certificate is valid for 6 months.