I'm trying to REGISTER to a SIP server without using SIP Profiles. In that way, the user doesn't have to create a SIP profile before he can use my VOIP application.
In the Nokia documentation I learned how to do this by performing the following basic steps:
- Determine a valid IAP id.
- Create an instance of CSIP.
- Create an instance of CSIPConnection, while implementing the MConnectionObserver callback methods.
- Wait until the (SIP)Connection has turned to the state 'EReady'.
- Create a new RegistryBinding instance and call it's RegisterL() method.
When running, the WLAN connection is setup. At least, the WLAN indicator in the phone (N95) implicates there is a connection.
The CSIPConnection instance remains in the state 'initializing' though...
When trying to peform the RegisterL() method on the RegistryBinding instance, the error -18 (KErrNotReady) is thrown.
Can anyone shine a little light on this problem?
I have been strugling with it for days and can't seem to find the answer to this problem in the documentation or this forum.
Here is a code snippet: