Python runtime and its dependent components can be installed by just running any Python application packaged using PyS60 application packager released in 1.9.4 or above. This feature is available only from S60 3rd edition FP2 devices onwards and also these devices should have been updated with the latest firmware.
Currently only PyS60 1.9.4 is available for automatic deployment.
Since the runtime is published in beta mode, we would require the IMEI number of the devices on which this feature will be tested. But for the final PyS60 2.0 release onwards, there is no need to provide the IMEI numbers.
Follow these steps for automatic runtime deployment
- Mail the IMEI numbers (Only S60 3rd edition FP2 devices onwards) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "IAD Testing"
- Uninstall previously installed runtime and its dependent components from the device (Python runtime, PIPS Installer, Platform Service Extension)
- Update the device with the latest firmware
- Install any PyS60 application packaged using 1.9.4 or above packaging tool(scriptshell application can also be used)
- Start the application on the device. Make sure that the phone can access the internet
- Follow the instructions that appears on the phone.
Please test this feature and provide your feedback