Software Developer Vacancy at Orange Labs UK
Location: Chiswick, London, UK
Role: Software Developer
Team: Device Development
Salary: £28k to £50k
If you're passionate about what you do and if you want to help improve the experience of millions of mobile phone users across the world, please send your CV to email@example.com Please include a brief summary of your experience and motivations in the main body of your e-mail. If you're really interested in this opportunity but feel you don't quite fulfill the job spec, or that you're overqualified, please send in your CV anyway - we're really keen to find good people and appreciate the difficulties of matching the job spec exactly.
You will join a team specialised in mobile OS research and development. The scope ranges across core OS, runtimes, middleware, application, and UI. The key platforms we are specialised in are Symbian and MeeGo, which both support Qt at the main development environment. There is a balance between research and product development projects, which provides a very rich and diverse working environment. You will be required to work with a multi disciplined team consisting of Project managers, Interaction Designers, and Usability specialists in addition to liaising with Orange business units to provide them technical guidance and understand their market and business needs.
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer science, Telecommunication/Engineering or related field
• Good C++ development skills. Qt or Linux development experience preferred.
• Experience working on Symbian or MeeGo OS platforms.
• Good understanding and usage of basic networking and telecommunication systems
• Open GL
Behaviours, competencies, required
• Positive attitude
• willing to do what is required to get the job done
• Good communication skills
• Creativity and Innovation
Occasional travel within Europe, mainly France.
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday allowance with ability to sell or buy additional days
• Generous company pension scheme
• Comprehensive Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Discretionary Bonus paid twice a year linked to company and personal performance.
• Company share save scheme.
• Friends and family discount on Orange Mobile and broadband contract
Note, you need to have a valid work permit to work in UK.