I work on the localization. I use latest 3510i and 7210 SDKs. Both SDKs have strange behaviour. Even I select other then English language at Tools-Settings-Language field both SDKs display English in about of 99,95% so I need to restart SDKs a lot of time to make it display language I need. I found that the SDKs store Language value in the registry, f.e.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nokia\7210 Phone Emulator
and language field carries correct value.
Also I found that there is Nokia branch in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE part of the registry. F.e.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nokia\3510i Content Authoring SDK
Perhap I should add a filed to this branch? Please let me know how to make SDKs display requested language in 100%
It is necessary to re-start the SDK after changing the language. You may have noticed that when you press the "OK" button after changing the language, a dialog box opens that says, "The selected language will take effect the next time the simulator is restarted!"
When you change the language in the Tools-Settings-Language field and then press "OK" or "Apply", the registry value is changed. However, the SDK doesn't read this new value until the next time the SDK is started.
The reason for this is the SDK can only hold about 5 languages at a time. Because the SDK supports over 40 languages, it is necessary to load the language group that contains the language stored in the registry. The language group can only be loaded when the SDK starts.
If you wish to change to a language that is already loaded into the SDK, you can do this through the SDK handset menus. Choose Menu-Settings-Phone settings-Language and you will see a list of the languages that are currently loaded in the SDK. If you choose one of these, the language will change immediately.