I am trying to develop my first application on N9. Reading the docs, I've found that the preferred way to store application settings is via gconf, and to expose them via a settings applet if these settings are user editable.
I have found the examples on http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...l_Applets.html
So I have :
- integrated the SettingsApplet class example in my QtCreator project
- registered it for use from qml
- created a .desktop file for my setting applet
- created a .xml file for my setting applet
- created the postinst and prerm scripts
- created a qml menu entry to open my setting applet
- I can't see my setting applet in the device's settings
- if I run my application and click on the menu entry to launch the setting applet, I get a black screen (on first try), then nothing (the app remains, nothing seems to happen).
What I have checked :
- my .desktop and .xml files are deployed under /usr/share/duicontrolpanel/desktops and /usr/share/duicontrolpanel/uidescriptions respectively
- when running from QtCreator, I get a debug statement from SettingsApplet class saying "Opening settings applet: JalonsSettings"
but... I get a black screen. And no entry in the device settings... What is the way to track this down ? Thanks in advance.