I am a seasoned Android and Core Java developer, and new to Nokia app development. I need to develop a app with the following features. I need to know if Series 40 SDK is appropriate for this kinda app.
1) Make a JSON request and send registration details of the user
2) Get Current location's GPS
3) Make a JSON and communicate current location
4) Make a JSON request to send "I am Available", "I am Busy" status
5) Poll every 10 mins, and send a JSON request to receive latest messages
6) Display the messages in a list
I need this application to be running at all times on the phone. Background service.
Should pop up a notification on the top notification bar (like the battery status), that new messages have arrived
Should pop up a UI if the user wants to see the new messages.
I need this application to run on cheap phones.