for an MNO Showcase I need to know anything related to 3G streaming on an Nokia 7600. It's pretty urgent...
- does 7600 user a real player (I guess not, because it's a series 40), or a Nokia player (guess so)
- in which formats do the files have to be/ can be encoded (Real, wmv, 3gpp, packetvideo)?
- do I need a streaming server for streaming or is a web server fine as well? Which solution shows the best results?
- what are the best encoding settings at ~64Kbit/3G and ~20Kbit/2G regarding Encoding, bitrate, Video size, frames per second, audio...
- which encoders do I use for best results, sound & video?
given that with UMTS the network is no longer the limiting factor regarding bit rates, what streaming bit rates can I use with the 7600 when attached to an high speed UMTS networks (i.e. what can the device still display)?
You need a 3GPP-compliant streaming server to stream the content to 7600. For example RealNetworks Helix Mobile Server does the job.
In WCDMA networks where available bandwidth is 64 kbit/s, suggested bit rate for the content is 56 kbit/s with sub-QCIF or QFIC 15 fps audio included. If available bandwith is 128 kbit/s, suggested bit rate for the content is 120 kbit/s with sub-QCIF or QFIC 15 fps audio included.
In 2 TS DL GPRS network suggested bit rate is 20 kbit/s and in 3 TS DL 30 kbit/s.