I'm thinking to implement some proccessing logic in a background mode for nokia phones (both J2ME or PersonalJava based).
With respect to this my questions are:
1. is it possible to have multiple applications(midlets) running at the same time while the phone is on (without any communication with external party)?
2. is it possible to send/receive data over http at the time when the phone call is made or the connection has to be released first?
3. is it possible to notify user by a sound or a phone ring programmatically ?
1. No, but you can run multiple midlets from one jar file and share resources.
2. It depends on the handset, on the 9210 no, some of the GPRS handset may be able to.
3. Check the Nokia UI on forum.nokia.com - Java link.