I have a great job opportunity for a Mobile Phone Software Developer based in London
My client is looking for someone with-:
• 18 months to three years C++ and good understanding of OO design.
• Full lifecycle experience in mobile platform / embedded system development using C++. Specifically, Symbian with UIQ user interface work must feature on the CV.
• Use of configuration management and defect tracking tools to aid development.
Desired Skills and Experience
Iterative development to evolving application specs.
Confident self starter, who is able to work well without close supervision or frequent checks,
Someone who has a structured approach to work, who is able to predict their own timescales,
A Team player, who is willing to join in team discussions and also to throw their own ideas in for discussion without forcing a solution upon the team.
My clients have an informal atmosphere and no dress code. They are flexible about people's working hours so long as they are diligent and get their work done - it's more important that the members of the development team are available to help each other rather than work a strict 9 to 5. The culture is very much one of expecting people to take part in the company's future, which means they are looking for an open mind but also a desire for people to put their own ideas into debates, design discussions etc. Hence good communication skills (both written and verbal) and sector experience are very important for all the roles they are recruiting into.
All roles are permanent and based in my clients London offices; they generally expect there engineers to work in the office rather than from home.
All new starters go through a three-month probationary period during which notice is one week on each side. A formal review is held at the end of this period, at which permanent employment is normally confirmed and the following benefits are made available to the employee.
• private health cover (voluntary)
• contributory pension (voluntary, up to 7.5% of salary matched by the company, we have a stakeholder pension scheme in place)
• 25 days holiday
• season ticket loan (voluntary)
• share options (subject to Board approval)
• Salary is negotiable to match experience.