The Nokia Research Center just announced a Mobile Web Server project that has ported Apache and mod_python (using Python for S60) to the S60 platform.
Symbian port of Apache is based on the Unix version.We have also ported mod_python and integrated it with Python for S60 so we can now create content using both Python scripts and PSP (Python Server Pages).
This application is a small HTTP or Web server for the Symbian Series 60 phones. It is very simple implementation. The main purpose of the application is to provide web access to images stored on the phone. In this way you can allow friends and family browse the photos and select the ones they would like to get (pull), rather than sending (or pushing) them a photo. The application dynamically generates the photo page each time it is requested by a web browser. The dynamic photo page is customizable.
* Dynamic generation of image web page, when the path /Photos/ is requested, eg http:///Photos/
* Ability to define your own image web page template (see readme_1.0.txt)
* Supports the HTTP 'GET' command. All other commands will result in the socket being closed.
* Serve any file located in the Web root and subdirectories below that.
* Uses the built in recognizers to determine the content type of the file.
* When you select start from the menu, the application finds the first existing network connection and attaches to that. The IP address and port that the daemon is listening on is shown on the screen.
* Configurable settings include:
- Image path - for dynamic page generation,
- Web Root - for content serving,
- Listening Port - port on which the server listens on