can anyone explan why my application doesn't wok on the 40 series mobiles ..?????
am using an httpconnection to retrive data ... when i tested it using the emulator and internet connections it workd just fine .... but when i tested it using the mobile ... no data resived ..??????
whats wrong than ?
I had a problem like that with the series 40 6230 and 6230i, and also the solution I found was to change the request from POST to GET (yeah it's not quite the same as your solution )
Actually, I found that the problem came from our server, because it didn't recognize the content-type that I set in the request, when it was in POSTmode. It seemed that when in GET, the content-type I set (let's say "foo") became something like "text/plain, foo", and not the expected "foo", whereas in GET, everything was alright.
My problem came from the "Content-Type" header that I didn't type with the two uppercases (I used "content-type", which waswrong)... And then everything was fine, whether it's in GET or POST
I suggest you to download the series 40 6230i emulator, you can view the emulator request contents, headers and so on... That's how I noticed the problem.
Hope it helps!