Forum Nokia eStore now has S60 API Partnering cases available.
S60 API Partnering request purchasing is enabled for all developers through Forum Nokia PRO eStore. In order to apply for an internal S60 API, you need to purchase and submit a new support case called API Partnering from the Forum Nokia PRO eStore (FN PRO eStore registration is free).
When requesting API Partnering for e.g S60 3.0 platform, the developer must specify a target device to which they want the API. Nokia verifies that the requested API works in the target device by testing and verifying it. If the developer wishes to use requested API in an another same platform release device they have to test and verify the API functionality or request new API Partnering for new platform-terminal (e.g 3.0-N93) combination when Nokia tests and verifies this as requested.
Steps for developers/3rd party companies in S60 API Partnering Case
1. The developer/3rd party company will purchase an API Partnering case
2. The developer/3rd party company will fill in an API Partnering case
3. The developer/3rd party company will sign either a Limited License Agreement or a Limited License Frame Agreement
4. The developer/3rd party company will wait for decision from Cross Nokia API Forum *
5. The developer/3rd party company will sign the Supplement Agreement
6. The developer/3rd party company will receive the internal API file
Remember, there are risks in using undocumented API’s and we expect anyone that uses those API’s to be aware of and accept the risks and possible consequences.
* There is no money back guarantee if the Cross Nokia API Forum rejects the S60 API Partnering request.