This articles gives a brief description of the architecture behind the WidSets client.
- Componentized UI construction kit.
- Simplifies widget creation.
- Reduces code size.
- Screen is a stack of Shells. This enables natural navigation.
- Look and feel with CSS-like styles.
- Automatic navigation and scrolling.
- Nested menus.
Cheetah has the following Archived:Porting from MIDP to WidSets Scripting Language#UI Components:
- Top, right, bottom, left sizes individually controlled on all levels.
- Border types:
- Rectangle border, 1 or 4 colors
- Image border (GRID-8)
- Background types:
- Solid color
- Horizontal gradient
- Vertical gradient
- Image (alignable & repeatable)
- Optional separate style is used when component is focused.
- Note. The consumed area should be same on both styles.
- Each component has following layout control flags:
- VISIBLE – Component is visible.
- FOCUSABLE – Component can receive focus.
- LINEFEED – Explicit linefeed after component.
- WRAP – Linefeed when needed.
- Each component has preferred width and height.
- If preferred sizes are not set, each component can calculate its exact size.
- Size can be either absolute or relative.
- Given as [-1 .. -100].
- When using relative height, the enclosing container must have absolute size.
- Value is a generic payload used on server communication.
- Enough power to describe any structure/object.
- Versatile support for Value handling in script API.