Calender Engine Access
The Calender(also Agenda) engine/model API provides access to the time management data used by the Calender and To-Do applications.The model allows entries to be added,deleted and edited.Can be used for Alarm synchronization information.
Agenda Model and Concepts
There are 4 types of agenda entry, each with different properties:
- Events are all-day entries that may have a display time, but do not have an actual start time.Events may have multiple day durations using the optional end date information.
- These are events that occur only once a year.Info about the base year can be stored.
- These have a start time and data and an end time and date.
- These represent a task to be carried out and may have a display time and data and either a due or crossed out data to indicate when the task is due by or when it was performed. A to-do also contains details about the to-do list it belongs to and its priority.
The models for accessing the agenda data are managed in a three layer hierarchy:
- Entry Model(CAgnEntryModel)
- This is the base model.An entry object represents each entry with all repetitions stored in the one object.
- Indexed Model(CAgnIndexedModel)
- This extends the entry model, indexing the data to allow filtering before entries are read.
- Instance Model(CAgnModel)
- This extends the indexed model and is the most suitable for applications with a user interface, as separate objects are used to represent each instance of a repeating object.