Archived:How to install libraries for PySymbian
There are no difficulties to install libraries on 2nd edition devices.
- Push the library (*.py and *.pyd) to the phone
- The automatic installer asks you how to install
- Choose to install has a library
When packaging libraries in a .sis, the target folders are C:\\System\\libs and E:\\System\\libs respectively for the phone memory and the memory card.
With 3rd edition phones same kind of installation does not work, because python (.py, .pyc, .pyd and .pyo) recognizer plug-in is missing. You need to package your libraries to be able to install them.
The target location is C:\\resource or E:\\resource for the .py. For the .pyd (python DLL), the target is C:\\sys\\bin or E:\\sys\\bin.
An easy way to make those installation packages (.sis and .sisx for its signed version) is to use ensymble with the option simplesis.
- Create the following folder architecture with the libraries at the right places:
| |_ mylibrary.py
- Go to the root of mylibrary directory
- From shell, run the command
python ensymble.py simplesis mylibrary
Then you'll get mylibrary_x.x.x.sis ready to be pushed in your phone.
Ensymble has plenty of other functions. I encourage you to read the man.