Archived:Installing the Flash Lite 2.1 Player
Adobe Flash Lite is the Flash profile specifically designed for mobile and consumer electronic devices. The Flash Lite version currently available for developers to test their content on handsets is v2.1. This player is supported on Symbian handsets.
Mentioned below are the basic simple steps in installing the Flash Lite 2.1 player on your handset.
- Go the Adobe Mobiles and Devices Develoment Center and download the Flash Lite Player for Nokia Symbian S60 devices link
- You have to register as a Mobile Developer on the Adobe Website to gain access to the download page.
- When you connect to the Flash Lite 2.1 Standalone Player for Symbian Devices page, you can download the player supported on your device. You have a separate player for the Symbian 2nd Edition and 3rd Edition phones. The player will always be in SIS format.
- After downloading, connect your device to your PC via Bluetooth, Infrared, or Data Cable (Nokia PC Suite) and transfer the installable player.
- When the player is transferred through Bluetooth or IR, it will appear in the device Inbox as a message.
- Open the message attachment (installable player) and the player installer will take you through a series of steps to install your player.
- Once the player is installed on the phone, a Flash icon will appear in your device menu. You can open the player and test your content.
Note: There is a 6 second long splash screen in this developer version of the player. This splash screen cannot be removed / by-passsed. The pre-installed versions of the players do not have this splash screen.