Web Runtime (WRT)
- WRT provides Installation & Uninstallation mechanism.
- Available from S60 3rd Edition FP2.
- WRT Widget consists of following files :
- A manifest file in XML format, containing the property and configuration information of a widget.
- Main HTML file, defines the html content of the widget, header, body etc..
- Widget icon file, image in Portable Network Graphics (.png) format, recommended size is 88x88 pixels,
If omitted from the widget installation package, a default S60 application icon is used.
- Cascading Style Sheets, used for styling and structuring the UI look and feel.
- WRT Widget installation file is compressed with any ZIP application, Zip file can contain html, CSS, js, icons, graphics and the widget info file. Widget installation file extension is WidgetName.wgz and MIME type is x-nokia-widgets.
- WRT supports a security sandbox that provide controlled access to system resources. It allows soft keys, shortcuts and Widget specific API including platform services aka service apis.
Everything you need to know about Web Runtime/Widgets can be found here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Develop/Web/Getting_started/Symbian.xhtml