Archived:Aptana WRT Plugin - displaying log messages in output console
This article explains how to display log messages in Aptana Output console, useful for debugging Web Runtime widgets.
This article assumes that:
- You have installed latest version of Aptana IDE ()
- You have installed latest version of Aptana WRT Plugin ()
- You have Firefox installed on your system ()
For basic information about the Aptana WRT Plugin, please check this Nokia Developer Wiki Article: Aptana WRT Plugin Basics.
How to display log messages
Add aptana.log() to your code
In order to display a log message from your WRT widget, you have to use the following code:
aptana.log("Your log message");
Start the Debug process
If you don't know how to create a new Web Runtime project from Aptana, check this article: Aptana WRT Plugin Basics.
The Aptana Debug perspective should automatically be opened, and the project started inside Firefox. In case this does not happen:
- to open the Debug perspective, from the Aptana menu go to Window -> Open Perspective -> Debug
- if Firefox is not opened, right click on "wrt_preview_frame.html" file and then select Debug as -> Debug.... Then, in the "Main" panel, set the Browser executable field to your Firefox executable path. (e.g.: C:\Programmi\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe)
See your messages in the Output console
Once the Debug process has started, your messages will be automatically shown in the Aptana Console view.
If the Console is not opened, just go, from the Aptana menu, to Window -> Show view -> Console.