Archived:Dark themes mix with black input text and black TextField area in S60 2nd Edition FP3 and S60 3rd Edition devices (Known Issue)
When using a dark theme on the mobile desktop and running a MIDlet in which the user wishes to enter text into TextFields on a Form, some problems occur in S60 devices.
The problems are:
- First, the input text, which the user enters into the selected TextField, remains black.
- Second, depending on the S60 phone model, the chosen TextField area is or becomes also black, making it impossible for user to distinguish the TextField content (=black text) from the background which is already dark because of the dark theme.
Some phone-specific examples regarding this issue:
- With the Nokia N70, the whole Form area is black except for the whiteTextField area when selected by the user for entering text (thus making the entered black text visible): However, once the user even temporarily leaves the actual Form area (for example, to enter special characters by using Nokia's GUI), the selected TextField turns also black, thus making the entire Form area black.
- With the Nokia 5500 Sport, white header texts above the TextFields are shown on a black background and the user can enter text into the TextField which becomes gray once selected for text input: However, the input text is still black and becomes impossible to see once user leaves the selected TextField.
- With the Nokia N93, the TextField component turns black when selected by the user for entering text input.
This problem has been fixed in S60 3rd Edition, FP1.