Archived:How to develop Qt/C++ Symbian applications on Carbide.c++
Archived:In this post, I will present all steps To Developing a first Qt/C++ applications for S60 mobile phones . I recorded a full video of all necessary softwares installation that allow the development of mobile phone applications.
- Nokia Pc Suite Is a software package used to establish an interface between Nokia mobile devices and computers.
- Carbide C++ Is a software development tool for C++ development on Symbian OS. It is used to develop phones that use the OS, as well as applications that run on those phones.
- Active Perl -> ActivePerl is the industry-standard Perl distribution, available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, etc..
- Java Runtime Environment(JRE)->Is a set of computer software programs and data structures that use a virtual machine model for the execution of other computer programs and scripts.
- S60 Sdk 3rd Edition Fp1 or higher->A software development kit (SDK or “devkit”) is typically a set of development tools that allows a software engineer to create applications for a certain software framework, hardware platform, computer system, video game console, operating system, or similar platform.
(In this Post we Installed Sdk 3rd Edition and Sdk 5rd Edition)
- OpenC/C++ for S60 *3rd Edition Fp1-> is a development environment from Nokia for the S60 platform.
(Automatically included on SDK 3rd Edition Fp2 and higher)
- Qt is a powerful C++ application development framework, which makes it easy for developers to create applications once and then deploy them on any of the Windows, Mac, Linux, Windows CE, Windows Mobile and embedded Linux platforms. With the inclusion of the S60 platform, developers have an additional 80 million* target devices that they can support with their Qt-based applications.
- Download and Install Nokia Pc Suite at address: Nokia PC Suite.
- Before the download and installation of Carbide is necessary a free Registration on Nokia Developer webSite and after Download and Install Nokia Carbide at address: Carbide C++ .
- At the end of the Carbide.c++ installation a link to the download of ActivePerl is shown (Carbide.c++ 2.3 or earlier), ignore this link and download ActivePerl from here.
- In this step download and install Java Runtime Environment(JRE) on the addres : JRE .
- The address for the fifth step is SDK 3rd Edition Fp1 and you can download and install the SDK 3rd Edition FP1.
- The sixth step show you how to install the OpenC/C++ for S60 3rd Edition using the address OPENC/C++ SDK 3RD .
- The seventh step is Optional because the developer use the Sdk specified for the mobile phone edition . On ForumNokia WebSite is possible view the edition of each mobile Nokia Devices Specifications .For the download and installation of the SDK 5th Edition use SDK 5th Edition .
Pre install conditions
- Download and install the Qt SDK
- The ninth step show a important point of qt installation . It’s the fifth step of tutorial step by step above and show you how to extract Qt binaries of Qt directories to SDK directories.
- This step show you how to adjust the patches of QT to SDK installation . This is on Qt Patches .
- The eleventh step show you all need configurations for the normal use of the Carbide C++.
- These steps show you finally how to Build a Example Project for S60 Mobile Phone since the 3rd Edition until 5th Edition devices.
This article was originally posted at Qt Efforts of The Embedded Systems and Pervasive Computing Lab by Flavio Fabricio.