Archived:How to use QPushButton
Push button is simply a rectangular command button with a text label printed on it. In most of the graphical user interface buttons are used to give command to computer or mobile to do certain task.
- Push buttons are created without text label also and later on setText() methods can be used to set the label.
- We can also add icon to the button using the following method:
- To disabled the button we can use
- To set the button visualization Flat from default (3D) button. Figure given below shows that button "Hello" is flat and button "Bye" is graphical (3D)
- For resizing the button we have the method:
button.resize(100, 20); // first argument is width and second is the height.
- When user click on the button, it emits different signal like clicked() when it is activated by the mouse click, pressed() or released(). This signal can be connected to the slot to perform the task.
- Command buttons becomes the default push button automatically when they receive the focus. A default button is a push button that is activated when the user presses the Enter or Return key in a dialog. By default all the buttons are created auto default. You can change this with setAutoDefault(). Auto-default buttons needs a little extra space which is necessary to draw a default-button indicator. If you do not want this space around your buttons, call setAutoDefault( false ).
- There are many other methods available that can be use with push button. You can get more detail on push button at
- Read more