Archived:Qt Creator and on device debugging with AppTRK
This (archived) article explains how to use Qt Creator for the on device debugging the Qt application for the 3rd edition and 5th edition devices. Note that this article is inaccurate even for Qt Creator 2.0; prior to support being dropped the process was much easier than described.
- Setting up S60 development environment
- Download and install Carbide C++ : Carbide C++
After installing the Carbide C++ Configure the environment for WINSCW from Start->programs->carbide C++->Configure environment for WINSCW.
- Download Active Perl-5.6.1 build 658
- S60 platform SDK( 3rd edition or 5th edition) : S60 SDK
- After installing the SDK it will ask for installation of the CSL ARM tool-chain Automatically.
- Download Open C/C++ : open C
- Download Application TRK : AppTRK
- Download the sis file as per your device edition and install it to your device.
- Download the Qt SDK for the Symbian device. : Qt
- Click on the LGPL and download Qt libraries 4.6.2 for Symbian.
- Install the above SDK, it will automatically detect the S60 SDK which will have Qt support.
- After installing the Qt SDK open the folder where the Qt is installed. This Qt folder will contains the file qt_demos.sis. Install this file to your device.
- Now download and install Qt SDK for Windows* from the Qt for Windows.
- This will also install Qt creator.
- Make sure that all SDK you installed on the same drive.
- Start Qt Creator from the windows start button as Start>>All Programs>>Qt Creator By Nokia 1.3.1>>Qt Creator.
- Just to check weather Qt Creator had detect a SDK or not click on the tools->options and click on the Qt4 as shown below. This window will shows all the detected version of the Qt.
- Now open the project you want to debug with your device.
- Click on the Project tab on the left panel of the Qt Creator.
- Click the Add button in the build setting as shown in the figure below and select the Qt version S60 5th edition from the list.
- Click on the run setting in the same project window and again click on the add button and select the Helloworld in the symbian Device.
- Now make a long press on the debug button in the Qt Creator On the left bottom side and three option will be shown. Select the Helloworld on Symbian device.
- By selecting the above option another dialog box will open which ask for the change of the build and run configuration. Before clicking the build and continue open the appTRK application in to your device.
- AppTRK will ask for the connection using the bluetooth. Change the connection setting from bluetooth to the USB. Select option->Settings and change to USB.
- Now connect your appTRK from the Options menu. Now your appTRK will shows the status connected.
- Now select Change build configuration and continue on your PC.
- It will launch the application on to your mobile.