Series 40 is Nokia's platform for mass market devices - at time of writing there are more than one billion in use worldwide. Nokia continues to evolve the platform with support for touch UIs added to the new Nokia Asha range. This page contains key links to information about the Series 40 platform, as well as a (non exhaustive) list of articles in the Series 40 category.
Series 40 is Nokia's platform for mass market devices - there are more than one billion in use worldwide.
Java is the "native" platform for Series 40 development, providing deep and broad access.
Series 40 Web apps are great for accessing web-based content and social media sites.
Design and UX
Design guidance for Asha Touch UI, touch and type, and non-touch.
Themes, content and other media like ring-tones can also be monetized.
Recently Edited and Most Viewed
Other development frameworks
- Mobile Websites can be configured to optimise for presenting content for Series 40. See Category:Browser
- Flash Lite apps can be created in Series 40 devices released before May 2012 - see Using Touch and Type with Flash Lite
- VoIP - The Nokia Series 40 VoIP client gives SIP-based VoIP service providers the ability to integrate their offerings into the telephony functions of mobile devices from Nokia. For more information see:
- Series 40: Editions and Feature Packs
- OMA DRM
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Series 40"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 468 total.
Media in category "Series 40"
The following 62 files are in this category, out of 283 total.
- Tut menu main.png
- UIdesingpattern 1.png
- UIdesingpattern 2.png
- UIdesingpattern 3.png
- UIdesingpattern 31.png
- UIdesingpattern 32.png
- UIdesingpattern 33.png
- Visual designer genera...
- Webinar Series40 UI De...
- Webtoolsinstallation 1...
- Webtoolsinstallation 2...
- Webtoolsinstallation 3...
- Webtoolsinstallation 4...
- Webtoolsinstallation 5...
- Webtoolsinstallation 6...
- Xampp controlpanel.png
- Xampp install1.png
- Xampp server.png