How to make MADDE work on Windows 7 64-bit
Please follow the step Getting started with MADDE on Windows by Croozeus but in the driver installation step, please use this modified driver. ( Download here File:Nokia770 USB Ethernet RNDIS with x64 support.zip )
How to install driver in Windows 7:
- Go to Device Manager by right mouse click at My Computer and select Properties and then select Device Manager in the left pane
- Right mouse click at new device with yellow triangle and select Update Driver Software...
- Select Browse my computer for driver software
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Now click Have Disk and then browse to driver file downloaded above
- Click Next and then Finish!!
After driver installation completed, there will be new network adapter named "Nokia 770 USB Ethernet/RNDIS" appear when you plug your N900 in. Don't surprise if it shows as unplugged since it's just a driver problem. However, if it shows, it means your N900 is plugged in and connected completely already. ;)
- Don't surprise if Network Adapter show as unplugged
- Don't forget to fix this new Network Adapter IP with IP in the same subnet as N900
- Ping is the only way to make sure your settings are correct