Nokia Open Source
Nokia supports a range of Open Source activities in research centers and development groups around the world. Projects, documentation and resources are distributed on different servers and sites depending in order to let them in live in what is the best ecosystem for the project. Some projects will be hosted by Nokia directly, many will be hosted by third parties and some are not managed by Nokia, but Nokia is a contributor.
This list is not limited to projects that are officially supported or sponsored by Nokia, often there are projects where Nokia employees are active and spend some of their work-hours to do so. Many Nokia employees, in the spirit of Open Source, work extra hours on these projects.
- Qt sources - clone the repositories of Qt and many Qt-related software such as Qt Creator, Qt mobility, etc
- QtQuickPlayground - set of sample applications using Qt Quick by Forum Nokia
- Cartoon Reader - sample application using Qt WebKit, i.e. use HTML5 and CSS3 in a Qt application
- MeeGo - collaboration of Nokia, Intel and the Linux Foundation to create a platform based on Linux for many different types of mobile devices - founder
- Maemo - Maemo is a software platform mostly based on Open Source code and powers mobile devices such as the Nokia N900. Developed in collaboration with many open source projects such as the Linux kernel , Debian , GNOME , and many more - founder
- gst-openmax - a GStreamer plug-in that allows communication with OpenMAX IL components - maintaner
- gst-dsp - enables GST to take advantage of DSP algorithms for the OMAP 3 platform used in a number of devices like beagleboard and N900 - maintainer
- Telepathy - a flexible, modular communications framework that enables real-time communication via pluggable protocol backends
- PulseAudio - a sound system for POSIX OSes
- GStreamer - a library for constructing graphs of media-handling components. The applications it supports range from simple Ogg/Vorbis playback, audio/video streaming to complex audio (mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing.
- Internet Radio for S60 - an implementation of HTTP Internet Radio streaming for S60
- Python for S60 - a port of the Python language to S60
- Mobile Web Server - a Symbian port of Apache httpd and connectivity solution that gives a mobile phone a global URL
- PAMP - Personal Apache MySQL PHP
- Nokia mobile Web templates - templates to create mobile Web pages that work well on most mobile devices
- WordPress Mobile Pack - Nokia helped the development of a mobile theme
- Nokia mobile theme for Drupal - Nokia created a theme that works with different mobile plugins for Drupal
Mobile at large
- Sofia-SIP (is an opensource SIP User-Agent library, compliant with the IETF RFC3261 specification).
- Nokia Data Gathering offering organizations a fast, accurate and cost effective way to collect data using mobile phones.