Nokia Asha Java Tools
Nokia Asha SDK 1.2
Create apps for the Nokia Asha family on Nokia Asha software platform using the Nokia Asha SDK 1.2. Then test your apps in an emulator based on the Nokia Asha 502.
The Nokia Asha SDK 1.2 offers:
Nokia Asha 502 based emulator
The SDK emulator replicates the behaviour of the Nokia Asha 502. It offers full UI interaction, user apps, messaging, and network comms features to use on your PC for app testing.
Nokia In-App payment plug-in
Take advantage of the dominant monetization model of the mobile industry — let your free app make money for you by offering digital content for sale. Learn more ›
Nokia Notifications API
Create realtime notifications that are delivered to the user’s lock screen or notifications panel. Get started ›
Other features include:
- Share API — Easily share images or text through messaging, email, or social networks.
- VoIP API — Create applications that offer users the ability to make and receive VoIP calls routed through a SIP server.
- Tantalum library — Make use of the Tantalum library to enable online/offline access to networked content.
- New image processing APIs — Scale images easily and apply a range for filters, such as sepia and monochrome. Use in conjunction with the new file API to let users easily navigate their photos.
- LWUIT for richer UIs — A Nokia Asha platform optimised implementation of the LWUIT is included as a plug-in. Delivering rich UIs has never been easier. Get started ›
- Integrated HERE Maps API — It’s now even easier to add rich maps to your location based apps, as the HERE Maps API for Java ME is integrated into the SDK.
- Sensor emulation — Simulate fully the orientation of a Nokia Asha platform phone in the emulator, enabling the testing of apps and games using the Mobile Sensor API (JSR-256).
- Comprehensive documentation — Available for offline browsing, the what’s new section describes the full range of new APIs and features in the Nokia Asha software platform. Code examples, that can be opened into your IDE, are also included.
- Enhanced location features — The emulator delivers updated location details from the integrated Route Editor to your Java apps, enabling richer testing of your location based apps.
- Multiple-touch simulation — The Pinch-to-zoom simulator enables multipoint-touch gestures to be recorded and sent to the emulator.
- Enhanced media playback — The emulator offers accurate media playback enabling complete testing of media delivered through your apps.
- Emulator tools — Simplify and speed up your testing with the diagnostic window, MIDP speed simulator, configurable MIDP monitoring, and events generator among other tools.
- Web View API — view a web page within your Java app
- Theme API — adjust your app colors according to the current color scheme used on a phone