Nokia Create Grand Prize winner announced
Posted on January 14, 2014
We’re pleased to announce the Nokia Create Grand Prize goes to Pikura, an app and service that brings gamification to mobile photography. We like the consumer appeal of the app from developers Pablo Moncunill and Joe Fernández of Spain, the innovative approach they took when deciding what they wanted to create, and the way they keep adding features without cluttering up the design or the experience.
Pablo and Joe were looking for an opportunity in mobile photography because they know the category is extremely popular with consumers and offers a great opportunity for innovation. As they investigated apps already published, they noticed most developers focus on helping consumers create and share photos with their immediate friends; Pablo and Joe decided to develop a gamification framework and reward consumers for creating and sharing photos more widely. Their result is Pikura, where any consumer can create a challenge (for example “take a picture of the biggest burger you can find”), anyone can complete a challenge by uploading a photo, and anyone can vote on a submission to determine the winner. Pikura won the Nokia Create Image and Photo Mini Mission for the way they added image filter processing to their app, and earned runner-up accolades for their optimization for big screens.
As Grand Prize winner they’ll get the following promotional boost for their app:
- An expenses paid trip for both of them to go to Barcelona to attend Mobile World Congress, where the app will be showcased and the developers will be able to network and promote Pikura.
- We will produce a video promoting Pikura and will publish it on our Nokia YouTube channel for millions of Lumia users to see.
- We will promote the developers on our Nokia Developer channels.
- Pikura will get 4 weeks of promotion on Windows Phone Store and App Social.
- They’ll receive a 10,000 EUR credit on Microsoft Advertising pubCenter or similar to run a campaign to promote Pikura.
Plus they’ll win a full Nokia and Microsoft device kit including a Lumia phone and a Lumia tablet, Nokia gear and an Xbox. Plus every extra hardware prize awarded to other categories in Nokia Create.
Last but not least, they’ll receive 10,000 XP in DVLUP, which they can redeem for other rewards of their choice or use to run additional campaigns.
Congratulations Pablo Moncunill and Joe Fernández – we’ll see you at Mobile World Congress!
Be sure to check out the winners of all the Nokia Create Master Missions and the Do Good Mission, too.