Old wishlist thread - feature requests now tracked in SourceForge
There's already a short feature wishlist on Matt Croydon's wiki ([url]http://www.postneo.com/postwiki/moin.cgi/PythonForSeries60[/url]), but we should probably start a thread here as well.
From the wiki, the currently listed requests are:
- Compression library of some sort; zlib, gzip, bz2, zip...
- Access to Bluetooth MAC Address
- Access to IMEI
- Access to the camera, microphone and speaker
- some way to find information about other peripherals - e.g. to know if a handsfree set is in use, if a keyboard is present, etc..
- Access to the Address book
- An input box that allows t9
- Create/Update/Delete-access to the Calendar and ToDo databases
From other threads/blogs/requests, I've seen:
- simultaneous bluetooth and gprs connections
- smpt/email modules
- a graphics API
- ability to view images
- access to the SMS inbox
Is there anything else you'd like to have, or perhaps additional details for the items above that are important?
Series 80 port and Python 2.4
As python hacker and developer it's anoying not to be able to take advantage of the latest language features or to run my my programs on Series 80.
Camera function available!!
Just to let everyone reading this thread know, I just took a picture using Python, using the [url=http://pdis.hiit.fi/pdis/download/miso/]Miso Library[/url] linked off the [url=http://www.postneo.com/postwiki/moin.cgi/PythonForSeries60]wiki page[/url] mentioned in the first post.
From the posts here, it didn't seem that people were aware of this module.
Here is their test_camera.py sample code (in the Miso src download).
def write_file(fname, fdata):
fp = open(fname, "w")
data = miso.take_photo()
print "got %d bytes of data" % len(data)