Discussion Board

Carbide.ui troubles!

I have some problems with the Carbide.ui program to make s60 themes. It's easy to make ( hopefully) good-looking themes, but it will not create the sis package. I get an error-box saying that

the error occured in the the packaging process: The command s60_30_AKNSKINDESCOMPILER.exe executions failed

I tried to download the application again, and repair- but its still the samme problem. Can anybody help me.

Regular Contributor

Re: Carbide.ui troubles!

This problem is assumedly caused by the background image of music player 1. The workaround is to "copy and paste" the desired image directly from the graphic editor into the Carbide UI.

Hmm....I'm not sure i'm gettin' it! What should i do to prevent this error ? All the background-pictures ( png-files) are "copied & pasted" into Carbide.ui from the folders on my pc. Also the icons (png files)...Any problem with that?

Regular Contributor

Do not choose the "edit image in bitmap editor" command. Instead, open the desired image directly in your graphic editor, select it by using the "select all" command, then copy it, using the "copy" command. Switch to Carbide UI, right-click the music player 1 background image and choose "paste".

I've done mostly all editing in vector editor (inkscape), except a few times, where i just applied color or colored something ( where the app. converts the element to bitmap instead of svg). I never open in any other editor than inkscape. All the backgrounds are copied and pasted. But i think i'll try to start from scratch with a new one.

I tried with a new theme with backgrounds and only svg elements or copied & pasted element....I created the sis package without any problems!
    Then i continued the theme with own icons ( thought there woludn't be any problem) and i almost finishes it. then i tried to make the sis file again- same error as mentioned above... Are there any problems using png icons pasted to the theme.... ( not edited in bitmap editor - only copy & paste)

Regular Contributor

Do your png images have masks or not?

Actually i have no idea, because some of the PNG's are icons downloaded from several sites on the internet. But sometimes if i delete or undo paste, then there's a mask left, which i have to delete or else the next icon looks weird... Så maybe they have masks..... ( never thought about it)