Discussion Board

N73 and blinking LED-light...

Accidentally I post this to Devices/Phones_General Discussion, but I think this is the right place... =)

What's the point of the led blinking in N73??? I haven't found out it indicating anything like in my old 5140i.
    Would it be possible to make it tell you something. I liked that in 5140i the led was blinking fast if there was a missed call or unread message had come in. Even the calm and slow (slow fade in, slow fade out) blinking when it's just on, was quite nice.
    Now when it's blinking without any reason and when it likes is quite annoying. Random blinking is not nice feature.
    In my job as an Assistant Camera in commercials and movies I can't always keep my phone in my pocket, but sometimes in my equipment cart. It's been very handy with my old 5140i that I can see in distance if there is a missed call or a unread message in my phone because of blinking led-light. If this kind of feature would be possible to get in N73 it would be very good feature.
    <update>I found out that it only blinks when display is off still indicating nothing but it's on. If it would blink when the backlight is off if there's a reason to blink and so that it would indicate something like missed call.

If Nokia wouldn't do anything for this I hope some cracker/hacker/codebanger would do it. =)

-Mika, Helsinki, Finland

Super Contributor

Re: N73 and blinking LED-light...

It isn't exactly random blinking; it blinks when the phone enters power saving mode (there's a setting in the Settings app to turn it off, at the cost of increased power consumption = shorter battery life).

No published APIs to do anything else (to bring it under the control of any application running on the device).

Re: N73 and blinking LED-light...

Yea, I noticed that it's blinking only in power save mode, and that also is a good feature.
    Would it be possible to made an API like that which will indicate with the led if there had come a missed call and/or Unread message? I really would appreciate it! =)