Discussion Board

SDK and IDE download problem

Hello everybody!

I have a BIG problem - I can't download neither Symbian S60 SDK, nor Metrowerks CodeWarrior IDE.

When I try to download it in a usual way, I get an error "Error Message: Error while searchig for ISO country code for downloader IP 'unknown': country code not found."

When I try to download via Nokia download manager, it simply aborts the process at the very start.

Maybe someone could give an alternative link?
    Or maybe I should download via some proxy server (then maybe someone could tell me the proxy settings)?

Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor

Re: SDK and IDE download problem

See my post in this thread for an explanation: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=97679

Ok, I see. Thanks for help and sorry for the double-post.

BTW, can you please tell me whether Ukraine enters the number of these privileged countries? :)

Super Contributor

As far as I know, no, it is not but I'll double check.

Also the error message did not indicate that the IP address would be from an embargoed country but that the IP address check failed. So it would seem to be more a case of where either there is an issue with the domain registration of you ISP or that the ISP uses an IP address range that has not been properly allocated? Still, I would recommend that you notify your ISP about the potential problem, they are the only one's that really can resolve a possible problem here.

Yes, yes, of course I understand. It's just that I want to know is it worth the effort, because if Ukraine is an embargoed country then it's obviously completely senseless to contact the ISP.

And in my case contacting the ISP is really an effort because the computer which I use is not my own - it's my office computer :) So, in order to resolve the problem, I need to mess with my admins, who will need to mess with the ISP (and possibly my boss!) :)

So, please, I'm looking forward to your final answer :)

Nokia Developer Moderator

Although you cannot search for users on Forum Nokia, you can google for them: http://www.google.hu/search?q=Ukrain...orum.nokia.com and there are users using S60 SDK-s.

Super Contributor

Yes, I got verification back that Ukraine IS NOT an embargoed country and provided that your ISP is "well-behaved", you should have no problem downloading stuff from Forum Nokia.