Discussion Board

Thread: J2ME VOIP

J2ME VOIP

I am new in the domain VOIP. I want to develop a J2ME applications based on VOIP and SIP. The goal of the applications is to make a VOIP Connection from the applications.Just i want to ask if it is applicable in J2ME

Re: J2ME VOIP

Quote Originally Posted by hooopoe
    I am new in the domain VOIP. I want to develop a J2ME applications based on VOIP and SIP. The goal of the applications is to make a VOIP Connection from the applications.Just i want to ask if it is applicable in J2ME
    I think that there is no such API in J2ME that alow you to do that...

Quote Originally Posted by fabiano_pmj
    I think that there is no such API in J2ME that alow you to do that...
    Well, I wouldn't agree.
    First of all, there's 'JSR 180 SIP API' which is a good start point for SIP protocol. Secondly, to process audio you can use 'JSR 135 Mobile Media API' or 'Advanced Multimedia Supplements' + wifi/umts. In my opinion you can do that, but performance will not be as good as native Symbian C++ application /you will probably feel that you're using sth similar to 'Push To Talk'/.

You can also try checking MjSip project - a complete and powerful java-based SIP library for both J2SE and J2ME platforms (http://www.mjsip.org/).

Best Regards,
    jack

hmm... Its good to see that Im wrong then... because the last time I searched for this, I didnt find the same answer you just posted now jack

hi jack may i know ur mail id.

Regards
    Jayaseelan.V

I ve been using mjsip for j2me. Till now i have been able to do sip signalling, call is established. I am facing problem with audio codec? does j2me have any voip codec supported G711 u law??

Thanks and regards

Vidhya

Quote Originally Posted by jack44 View Post
    Well, I wouldn't agree.
    First of all, there's 'JSR 180 SIP API' which is a good start point for SIP protocol. Secondly, to process audio you can use 'JSR 135 Mobile Media API' or 'Advanced Multimedia Supplements' + wifi/umts. In my opinion you can do that, but performance will not be as good as native Symbian C++ application /you will probably feel that you're using sth similar to 'Push To Talk'/.

You can also try checking MjSip project - a complete and powerful java-based SIP library for both J2SE and J2ME platforms (http://www.mjsip.org/).

Best Regards,
    jack

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jack44 View Post
    Well, I wouldn't agree.

Best Regards,
    jack
    It is a very good new that we have some j2me apis can handle voip issues.

Quote Originally Posted by look4vidhya View Post
    I ve been using mjsip for j2me. Till now i have been able to do sip signalling, call is established. I am facing problem with audio codec? does j2me have any voip codec supported G711 u law??

Thanks and regards

Vidhya
    Hi Vidhya
    i am also trying to develop same thing as you did. but i am not successful with call. i am able to create session between two mobile phones but don't get idea how to make audio communication within the session. I need your help regarding this.
    Thank You

Ami Patel

[QUOTE=hooopoe;279298]I am new in the domain VOIP. I want to develop a J2ME applications based on VOIP and SIP on the Blackberry

Can anyone help me

Hi,

This is suresh. I am also started the SIP implementation in j2me. I used MJSIP for this. But i didn't get any progress for registration and chat etc. From past one month back onwards i am working on only for registration. But didn't get. Please if any one implement the SIP using MJSIP. Please send me the code...... Please........

Regards,
    Suresh a