Discussion Board

unable to execute file for security reasons while calling iSIP = CSIP::NewL

Hi friends,

i have developed application which register on sip server using profile.
    i have set capabilities : NetworkServices WriteDeviceData ReadUserData
    it is working fine on emulator.

but on devices (N93 and N80) it creating problem. when i am calling following function it gives error: unable to execute file for security reasons

TBool CSIPEngine::ExecuteL() {
    iSIP = CSIP::NewL(iUid, *this);
    }

i have tryed two way

1)signed my application with developer certificate having capabilities NetworkServices WriteDeviceData ReadUserData

2)signed my application with developer certificate having all capabilities.

what would be the problem? please help me.....

Re: unable to execute file for security reasons while calling iSIP = CSIP::NewL

Hi,

You might need some other capabilities that are not documented. Did you also add the capabilities to the project (MMP file or Carbide project properties) when you signed with a certificate having all capabilities?

Also, when you say "all" capabilities, do you actually have a certificate for that, or just the ones you can get easily?

I note that a couple of the CSIPConnection methods require NetworkControl, which I think requires permission from Nokia?

Sorcery

thanks,

That error is comming when i am calling function

TBool CSIPEngine::ExecuteL() {
    iSIP = CSIP::NewL(iUid, *this);
    }

here CSIP::NewL(iUid, *this) is not using other than following capabilities: NetworkServices WriteDeviceData ReadUserData

i have tried following ways:
    1) MMP file : NetworkServices WriteDeviceData ReadUserData
    developer certificate with capabilities:
    NetworkServices WriteDeviceData ReadUserData

2) MMP file : all capabilities
    Note: all means following 13 capabilities:
    NetworkServices WriteDeviceData ReadUserData LocalServices Location PowerMgmt ProtServ ReadDeviceData SurroundingsDD SwEvent TrustedUI UserEnvironment WriteUserData
    developer certificate with capabilities:all capabilities

both way gives me same error. i have putted capabilities in MMP file i dont know how to configure in Carbide project properties, please let me know.

CSIPConnection:
    i have putted CSIPConnection method in comment. right now i am using only above mentationed function "CSIPEngine::ExecuteL()". so i think, i dont need NetworkControl capability.

Are you using Carbide.c++? Carbide doesn't use the MMP file for the build. If you select Project->Properties from the menu then you get a dialog box. If you select "C/C++ Build" on the left then you should be able to see a text entry field somewhere on the right hand side that says Capability next to it. You can enter capabilities there.

If you aren't using Carbide.c++ this is irrelevant.

I hope you don't need NetworkControl - you shouldn't. However, other developers have found that not all the documentation on which capabilities are needed for certain APIs is correct (although most of it is).

Sorcery

Regular Contributor

Why don't you use the capabilities of the SIP example:
    NetworkServices LocalServices Location ReadUserData \
    WriteUserData WriteDeviceData SwEvent ProtServ

I am using them and a fairly complete SIP application without problem on a E70 (third edition). So you don't need the network control capability for that.

There is no problem to get a certificate for these capabilities

Good luck
    Jean-philippe

thanks friends

i am using Carbide.c++. now i have putted capabilities in the properties of project. problem is solved!!!

Regular Contributor

Dear mitesh,

Could you inform us how did you include the capabilities in the project properties,

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Sorry Found it