Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question SINGING & BUNDLING RECOGNIZER + C++ APP + MIDLET

i have created test application for handling a specific MIME type, the architecture is, the recognizer for specific mime type -> C++App (called,whose function is just to send the file path on someport on local loopback address) -> midlet is launched (midlet registered itself to listen on that port using pushreg api's)
    Now whole process is working fine, now i have to sign things to productify the items. There are two issues

1 Warning messages / Signings
    2 Bundling all in one package

1.1) Recognizer has cap of ProtServ, which will i think require symbiansigned...or is there anyother opt ???
    1.2)C++ App has Read user data, while it is using local network services as well to push the path on local address....for testing its working fine with selfsigned cert...so will i require symsigned for it too or its oekei to sign with any code signing cert....
    1.3)The midlet has cap of reading,writing user data, push reg and network services cap to start on message receival and retrieve the message frm the port(the callee file path). Now will any code signing cert will be okei to sign it and make it a trusted 3rd party app....?

2.1)Bunlding of recognizer and c++ app is possible i hope...we can embed one sis into another, but then tht would be two seperate installations for each components, can we make it one single installation continued process for both the recognizer and app...???
    2.2)is it possible to bundle the jar as well with the above package and can instantiation of jar at the end of above installation...i hope one continued installation will not be possb in tht case......but anyhow...will it be possible to start midlet installation at the end of above installation???

hope to hear comments soon....
    thankssss in adv

Regular Contributor

Wink Re: SINGING & BUNDLING RECOGNIZER + C++ APP + MIDLET

while bundling i'm receving error, sis file error, required data missing ???...
    any one hve an idea....embeded recognizer is already signed with developer cert with cap of ProtServ, while i've tried to sign this bundle with both selfsigned and dev cert with cap of readuser data.
    here;s how it pkg looks like

; CallieAppSymC.pkg

; Languages
    &EN

; Header
    #{"CallieAppSymC"},(0xe1dc07d0), 0, 1, 1

; Platform compatibility
    [0x101F7961], 0, 0, 0, {"Series60ProductID"}

; vendor
    %{"Vendor Name"}
    :"MIME Checker"

; Target
    "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR_2\Epoc32\release\gcce\UREL\CallieAppSymC.exe"-"!:\sys\bin\CallieAppSymC.exe"
    "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR_2\Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\CallieAppSymC.rSC"-"!:\resource\apps\CallieAppSymC.rSC"
    "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR_2\Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\CallieAppSymC_reg.mif"-"!:\resource\apps\CallieAppSymC_reg.mif"
    "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR_2\Epoc32\data\z\private\10003a3f\apps\CallieAppSymC_reg.rSC"-"!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\CallieAppSymC_reg.rSC"

@"MIMERecognizerSigned.SIS",(0x005ebadf)