Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Carbide C++ 1.1 Integration with subversion Importing projects, EPOCROOT Problem

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate Carbide projects with subversion version control using Subclipse 1.0.4 plugin. The problem i'm facing when building the imported project it gives me the following error:
    "EPOCROOT macro could not be resolved. Check your project Environment properties for errors. Also insure that your devices.xml SDK ID has not changed since the project was created. Reimporting your project will reset the values. ContactsBrowser February 6, 2007 1:43:15 PM 30"

The steps I'm doing are as follows:

First of all, using carbide c++ 1.1 I created a project and shared it to the repository using the subclipse plugin. It gets imported successfully.
    The next step, I import the project to another computer using "checkout projects from svn" option in Carbide c++. It gets imported successfully.
    Then when i build the project i get the previous error.

I tried using TortosieSVN to import and checkout the project between different machines. I had the same error when building the project.

What could be the solution for this problem, I try to make sure that all carbide c++ installations would have the same workspace.

One thing though I'm not sure about is the version of carbide c++ that I'm using to create the project is Carbide C++ 1.1 developer and the one I'm using is Carbide C++ 1.0 express.

What could be the solution for the importing problem?

thanks
    Last edited by mockba; 2007-02-06 at 10:36.

Regular Contributor

Re: Carbide C++ 1.1 Integration with subversion Importing projects

I am using Subclipse with Carbide successfully.

What I do is I create a new project as "Checkout from SVN", then down in SVN checkout dialog I choose "Checkout as New Project" -> "S60 3.0 GUI Application" (there will be the warning that checking out will overwrite newly created files in S60 project). Finally all files are copied from SVN on top of freshly created project.

Regular Contributor

I will check that and give you an update at a later time. thanks for your reply

Regular Contributor

yes sysctl

It is working with me now between two carbide express IDEs, but one note thoughe when I update the file I recive the following warning "Conflicting SVN updates" is this normal warning or could i be missing something.

Any tips on the usability of the subclipse would be appreciated.

Best regards,
    MOckba

Regular Contributor

It can be that you try to update a file that was already changed locally. Make sure you always have the latest working copy.