Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Talking Phone thief hell

I was planning to make kind of like a phone thief hell where I can control anything on the phone when someone steals it. Like retrieving the number and call the person (or have him call me ), sending messages, taking pictures, extracting his contacts and calling them etc etc..

- Is it possible to start the web server and the connector automatically, or is this something like this in the pipeline?
    - Is it possible to bypass the question for internet connection and just connect to the dafault one?
    Is it realistic to make a solution where the site will be online after a restart, without any user action at all?

If this works, I am temted to buy an extra S60 phone just to get it stolen...

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Phone thief hell

Quote Originally Posted by pallemann
    - Is it possible to start the web server and the connector automatically, or is this something like this in the pipeline?
    Not at the moment no. To the best of my knowledge it is not possible for a self-signed application to autostart and since Raccoon is signed with such a certificate, autostarting has not been on the agenda.
    - Is it possible to bypass the question for internet connection and just connect to the dafault one?
    Yes, you can specify the AP to be used.
    Is it realistic to make a solution where the site will be online after a restart, without any user action at all?
    Absolutely, there are no technical reasons that would prevent that.