Discussion Board

Thread: CS Help Example

CS Help Example

Hello,

I am starting to look at the Cs Help example but I don't understand how to use it. It looks like some files are missing (I don't see where the "CS Help Compiler" is).
    First I just want to look at it on the emulator phone. I have tried to build the Shapes.sis file and then install it on the emulator but it says "file corrupted".

Any help would be appreciate, thanks in advance,

Marie

RE: CS Help Example

hi,
    I read on CS help recently. In Series 60 may not have a GUI. but it is compiled through the command line cshlpcmp and the help file will be produced in ..\EPOC32\wins\c\system\help.
    Also I think the help will not support in emulator. you can try on the real device.
    Good luck!

Activating the Help?

I have read the documentation but I don´t know how can I call the help from my application. The documentation says that you can overload the virtual function its from CCoeControl:

void CGraphicsAppViewDetail::GetHelpContext(TCoeHelpContext& aContext) const
    {
    const TUid KHelp = { 0x10008AB7 }; // UID of help

aContext.iMajor = KHelp;

aContext.iContext = KQuick_start_to_the_CS_Help_com;
    }

But, How can I activate this function?

Thanks.

Fer.-

Regular Contributor
    I'm having the exact same problem and have been trying everything to access this function (GetHelpContext()). I have the help and my application installed on the device but I just can't link the two. Have you had any luck or do you have any ideas? I'd appreciate any direction you can give.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    www.dashfly.com