Discussion Board

Screensaver / Autolock and Backlight problem

Hi all,

I need to find a way to stop the screen saver from interrupting my application, also stop the backlight from turning off, BUT allow the system lock (autolock) to interrupt the application.

Currently I'm using the User::ResetInactivityTimer() but this also stops the autolock / systemlock from occuring.

I was thinking of not doing the ResetInactivityTimer and waiting for the lose focus event and then bringing the app back to focus if it was the screensaver that interrupted, BUT this would still mean the backlight goes off when I dont want it to.

This is actually to pass the symbian signed new testing criteria, I would be playing a bit of media and don't want it to be interrupted by screensaver or backlight. But we HAVE to allow the system lock to occur.

Any suggestions

UPDATE: Yes I am aware of the CHWRMLight api to keep the backlight on, but that still leaves me with either both the screensaver and system lock happening or neither of them happening. I only want the system lock.

Cheers

Kirk

Re: Screensaver / Autolock and Backlight problem

Which new test criteria do you mean?

The November / December symbian signed changes which require the Autolock / System lock to not be disabled... can't remember the exact reference in the criteria docs.

Previous testing has passed but the new criteria means it now fails.

Cheers

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by kbateman
    The November / December symbian signed changes which require the Autolock / System lock to not be disabled... can't remember the exact reference in the criteria docs.

Previous testing has passed but the new criteria means it now fails.

Cheers

Kirk
    Did you find a solution?

Re: CHWRMLight - I was wondering if this actually works (I've read posts that say not). In my situation, all I need to be able to do is to stop the backlight from switching off (as per 'Light time-out' setting) and then switch it off when I want.

I was wonder if there's a way to set the inactivity time to something other than zero. This might help in my situation (perhaps not in yours).

Max.

Regular Contributor

Hi
    Can somebody give me a code snippet on how to use User::ResetInactivityTimer() and which headers and libs need to be included? Would be very nice. Thanks, Luki

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lukiluuk View Post
    Hi
    Can somebody give me a code snippet on how to use User::ResetInactivityTimer() and which headers and libs need to be included? Would be very nice. Thanks, Luki
    i suggest you refer to SDK Docs for header and lib.

Regular Contributor

Hmm..were can I find the SDK docs? I am writing a Qt application, so I haven't worked with native symbian yet. Thanks in advance. Cheers, Luki

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lukiluuk View Post
    Hmm..were can I find the SDK docs? I am writing a Qt application, so I haven't worked with native symbian yet. Thanks in advance. Cheers, Luki
    oops you have not said so . there is a online version too http://library.forum.nokia.com/ you can search,