Discussion Board

Problem with SIS file generated by Carbide Express

I have just started using Carbide C++ Express after previously using Borland.
    I have successfully built and run two programs with the emulator but now seem to be having trouble when I create a SIS file to run on a phone.

The SIS file is created (ARMI UREL), here is the Carbide output:-

---------------------------------------------------------
    'Building target: C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/epoc32/release/ARMI/UREL/HelloWorldPlus.app'
    'Invoking: Petran'
    petran.exe -nocall -uid1 0x10000079 -uid2 0x100039ce -uid3 0x10005bcb "C:\Symbian\8.1a\S60_2nd_FP3\epoc32\release\ARMI\UREL\HelloWorldPlus.sym" "C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/epoc32/release/ARMI/UREL/HelloWorldPlus.app"

PETRAN - PE file preprocessor V01.00 (Build 192)
    Copyright (c) 1996-2004 Symbian Ltd.

'Finished building target: C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/epoc32/release/ARMI/UREL/HelloWorldPlus.app'
    ' '
    'Building file: group/helloworldplus.pkg'
    'Invoking: MakeSis (Installation File Generator)'
    makesis.exe "group/helloworldplus.pkg" C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/Series60Ex/helloworldplus/group/helloworldplus.sis
    Processing group/helloworldplus.pkg...
    Created C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/Series60Ex/helloworldplus/group/helloworldplus.sis
    'Finished building: group/helloworldplus.pkg'
    ' '
    Build complete for project helloworldplus

A SIS file seems to be created OK but when I Bluetooth it to a Nokia N70 and try to install it from the Inbox, after going through to 'Installation', an error message keeps appearing: 'File Corrupted!' I have tried two separate programs several times with the same result.

SIS files previously created with Borland Mobile still Bluetooth across OK and install properly. I would be very grateful for any help - thank you.

Ivor Gregory.

Super Contributor

Re: Problem with SIS file generated by Carbide Express

I also faced same problem. Only solution to this problem i found is to use a cable transfer to phone and install using Nokia PC suite.

Re: Problem with SIS file generated by Carbide Express

Thanks, I'll try that. Presumably, there must be something wrong with the SDK somewhere as I appear to be using all the Nokia recommended software for the N70.

Ivor Gregory.

Regular Contributor

Question Re: Problem with SIS file generated by Carbide Express

Hi,

It seems that you have successfully created the SIS file for target platform on Carbide C++. I have written on application which runs on emulator.
    The linker used is WinsCW.

Now I want to create a SIS file which will run on the actual device which is in this case is NokiaE61 device.

How to create the SIS file for target platform?
    Do i need to build the complete application again for target platform?
    Can i use "makesis" tool to create SIS file?

Waiting for your reply,

With Regards,
    ---Sumit

Quote Originally Posted by rickyard
    I have just started using Carbide C++ Express after previously using Borland.
    I have successfully built and run two programs with the emulator but now seem to be having trouble when I create a SIS file to run on a phone.

The SIS file is created (ARMI UREL), here is the Carbide output:-

'Building target: C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/epoc32/release/ARMI/UREL/HelloWorldPlus.app'
    'Invoking: Petran'
    petran.exe -nocall -uid1 0x10000079 -uid2 0x100039ce -uid3 0x10005bcb "C:\Symbian\8.1a\S60_2nd_FP3\epoc32\release\ARMI\UREL\HelloWorldPlus.sym" "C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/epoc32/release/ARMI/UREL/HelloWorldPlus.app"

PETRAN - PE file preprocessor V01.00 (Build 192)
    Copyright (c) 1996-2004 Symbian Ltd.

'Finished building target: C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/epoc32/release/ARMI/UREL/HelloWorldPlus.app'
    ' '
    'Building file: group/helloworldplus.pkg'
    'Invoking: MakeSis (Installation File Generator)'
    makesis.exe "group/helloworldplus.pkg" C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/Series60Ex/helloworldplus/group/helloworldplus.sis
    Processing group/helloworldplus.pkg...
    Created C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/Series60Ex/helloworldplus/group/helloworldplus.sis
    'Finished building: group/helloworldplus.pkg'
    ' '
    Build complete for project helloworldplus

A SIS file seems to be created OK but when I Bluetooth it to a Nokia N70 and try to install it from the Inbox, after going through to 'Installation', an error message keeps appearing: 'File Corrupted!' I have tried two separate programs several times with the same result.

SIS files previously created with Borland Mobile still Bluetooth across OK and install properly. I would be very grateful for any help - thank you.

Ivor Gregory.