Discussion Board

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

We want devcert's with full capabilities!

I certainly understand that main idea platsec don't give nobody acces into locked files and this
    is correct on the part of usual user.But I not usual user im(and all who write this letter)
    is PowerUser and me much disturbs that I can't get full control on MY device.
    Possible shall present such situation. Here is example. I installed apps on memory card and at one beautiful moment
    beside me on disk c:\ remained 1 mb but occupied only 20
    kilobyteses.And that me now to do?In wimmobile or symbian 8.1 i can
    goto system folder and see what eat free memory and del it if no need
    of this file.
    I cann't go to hidden folder on MY device (for example at symbian 8.1
    or WinMobile i can) to clear it.After all this is my device!
    Why I can not get AllFiles and TCB capability and sign self-signed FileMananger to although as that checks its device?
    I not it is necessary warranty service
    I even ready from it to refuse but I and all power users want get devcert with allfiles
    and tcb capabilities!
    So but sense if I can not even look THAT this application does with MY device.
    This is my device and I can control him but can not since I limit to
    this( on symbian 8.1 or WinMobile i can control my device, i can acces
    to any folder and do with it all what i want!)
    If situation is not corrected we must move to WinMobile
    Since there I get the full control on device and I can look that does
    app and where she puts their own files.
    I can delete that me absolutely not it is necessary but will herewith free the place
    We want get devcert's with allfiles and TCB capabilities!
    Hope on answer and sorry bad english

Best regards,
    Santehnik and all russian power users
    Last edited by Santehnik; 2007-02-16 at 15:40.

Re: we want devcert's with allfiles and TCB!

In future I'm also want get acces into locked files. On 6630 i have acces to all files, but 6630 has no wi-fi.

I completely agree with the previous posts. People require it !!!

I too for the aforesaid as too it am necessary for me

Nokia has left from needs of the clients. The closed system has frightened people. It is a lot of people already doubt of use of devices Nokia Symbian 9.1, it is a lot of people already send away on windows mobile. It agree with the author of a theme 100 %

I completely agree whith all previous posts.

I completely agree with the previous posts!

I subscribe under all mentioned below. Till now I use phone Nokia on Symbian 8.1 only for the above-stated reasons (It's me, Electromaster).

if you give for users of Symbian 9.1 full access to their devices you would get more users of Nokia's products. Because closed OS is stoped many users of smartphones on 6,7,8 Symbian. We dont need to get devcert's with allfiles and TCB for everyone. Give us possibility to get it by IMEI (you can use such system as giving devcert). And it will not contradict to your policy of a safe system

We all above, are the users of the bigest web site and forum in Russia. (over 400.000 users). Some are S60 developers.

Not a long time ago we all carried Nokia smartphones, but with the release of Symbian 9.1 we as the advanced users have to move on to WinMobile and the reasons are:

-we are the Russian speakers users and we have to translate programms ourselves, with Symbian 8.1 we could go through this steps even from smartphone but with the release 9.1 we are limited even with the PC support.

- we love to change things with OUR devices, we NEED it. We love to do modes and have access to all folders as it used to be, but we are LIMITED with 9.1.

We dont care about antivirus protection and warranty.
    We need what we paid for, and what we so got used to, the smartphone or MULTIMEDIA COMPUTER as you advertise it nowadays. lol.

The other important point for us, low RAM memory in Symbian 9.1 devices, this is the other reason for advanced users to move to WinMobile devices.

Thank you for the opportunity to share OUR thoughts with you.
    Hopefully we can figure it out and stay CONNECTED!

Best Regards,
    wermart
    Last edited by wermart; 2007-02-15 at 06:26.

I completely agree with the previous posts!
    I want to know what My device allways does!
    I am an advanced user and I want a full control over my device and it's processes. If it continues I'll have to replace my device (E-50) by winmobile device:-(
    Last edited by controler_atc; 2007-02-15 at 07:53.

Hello dear manufacturers of phones Nokia. I absolutely agree with reasons of the person who has created this section of a forum and would ask you to listen to opinion of people which are buyers of phones made by your company

I totally agree with my mates.

Since I was in the 6th grade and got my first computer I used to make all sorts of tweaks in order to get it to run the way I want. This thing hasn't changed so far.

I can't see why smartphones should be any different.

Nokia Developer Moderator

All people agreeing this one has one post, thus makes me wonder if its a same person agreeing on it over and over again...

I like to disagree though, since it makes a great business sense to protect user devices for malware etc, that could be harmful for them. The platform security brings lots of benefits for users in general and also for anybody doing business on the area, it though has some drawbacks on developer points of view, but in my opinion benefits do overweight the drawbacks still.

There are of course some parts where the platform security is overly protective, and it could be not so obvious why its done certain way, some of these points have been adressed already and quite sure some more will be adressed in the future. Anyway, some points might be caused by reasons that can not really be changed.

all and all my advise is to work with the platform security and let it work for you, banging your head agains the wall wont bring any benefits.

yucca

Completely I support higher posts!, in fact it is possible to give out DevCert's AllFiles and TCB individually to the user of device Nokia on Symbian 9.1, or I am not right?

Best Regards,
    Tranceboy.