Discussion Board

Unhappy Is it possible to convert png to svg and have no zoom limit.

How can i resize the png icons i have into svg icons and zoom it to an unlimited size like the all of the svg format graphics, I've tried converting with adobe illustrator but when i open the svg and zoom it the icon or picture gets blurred, and also how can i shrink the size of icons like the sizes of carbide.ui icons, they only take up bytes in space, I'm currently batlling to find a svg graphics software that would be ideal for that, please advise me...

Thanx

Regular Contributor

Re: Is it possible to convert png to svg and have no zoom limit.

PNG is bitmap image format and SVG is vector graphic image format.

You cannot simply convert between bitmap images and vector graphic.

When you resize bitmap image it is distorted, when you resize vector graphic it is not.

Super Contributor

Right on. There are probably do some kind of bitmap to vector graphics approximation converters, but it'll never be as good as if you had done it properly in the first place (i.e., use a vector graphics design app like Adobe Illustrator or such).

Where downloading svg utilites ?
    Last edited by _glad_; 2007-03-20 at 06:40.

Regular Contributor

Hi,

You probably mean SVG editor. I would advise you to use Inkscape for beginning, it is open source, not too big for download and free to use. There are also commercial SVG editors like Adobe illustrator.

Quote Originally Posted by oidicle View Post
    How can i resize the png icons i have into svg icons and zoom it to an unlimited size like the all of the svg format graphics, I've tried converting with adobe illustrator but when i open the svg and zoom it the icon or picture gets blurred, and also how can i shrink the size of icons like the sizes of carbide.ui icons, they only take up bytes in space, I'm currently batlling to find a svg graphics software that would be ideal for that, please advise me...

Thanx

have the same problem any help most welcome