Discussion Board

Thread: Nokia Survey

Question Nokia Survey

Hello Nokia Lovers!

This is Muhammad Usman, An MBA student at Coventry University doing research on Nokia marketing. I would like to have your views on following questions:

Q1. How would you like the idea of an optional external camera instead of an inbuilt camera?

Q2. How would you like the idea of an MP4 player instead of MP3 player?

Q3. How would you like the design of a flip phone containing separate keypads for dialing and typing texts/emails folded opposite to each other?

I will be looking forward to your response as it means alot towards my research and may be developing a new product.

Muhammad Usman
    u4a@msn.com

Re: Nokia Survey

test message q1 . yes
    test message q2. yes
    test message q3. yes

Regular Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Nokia Survey

Q1. How would you like the idea of an optional external camera instead of an inbuilt camera?

Q2. How would you like the idea of an MP4 player instead of MP3 player?

Q3. How would you like the design of a flip phone containing separate keypads for dialing and typing texts/emails folded opposite to each other?

hi usmana ,

1. the optional external camera does not seem good , can you tell what will be its benefit . why two cameras ?
    2. MP4 player is a good idea , but i should also support mp3 media , coz some times you have some song in mp3 format only , in this case the player
    wont be useful.
    3. the design of separate keypads for dialing and text will be good ,
    but why cant this be achieved by a single extended full keypad ,instead of two.

generally speaking , the device hardware sholud be flexible to use and single thing sholud be multipurpose , providing things in redundancy wont be good and it will increase complexity of features and looks and may be usability.

but the second feature , that is support of mp4 plus mp3 will be liked by the users.

i hope it makes some sense to you.

regards
    nEo
    Last edited by navjotsingh1979; 2007-02-21 at 01:09. Reason: spelling mistakes

Thank you very much for your kind response.

I will justify ur queries with following:

1. The inbuilt camera increases costs/decreases battery life and also you may not find frequent users of phone cam too often. There are for sure people who will love to see this feature for those we have the idea of an optional external camera but not an in built camera.

2. Mp4 will come as an enhancment. We are looking for a phone compatible with all windows feature like ms office and windows media player andmp3 players as predecessors but the addition is an mp4 player.

3. the idea of separate key pads gives u comfort of

1. quick dialing with conventional number pad keys
    2. quick typing for email and office documents through alpha numeric keypad.

still i want to see if my idea is worth considering from a prosepective buyer2s point of view or it needs to be modified any further. I welcome any suggestions and views one might have to the concept of this innovation towards mobile phone technology.

Thanking you once again and looking ofrward to receiving more views and suggestions for my research.

Muhammad Usman
    u4a@msn.com

Hi Muhammad,

1) No. Do some research on this - optional external cameras have been tried before without much success. The camera will not make a significant difference to the battery life if you aren't using it. The cost for an external camera is higher than if it is built in.

2) MP4 is good but depending on what you mean it is already there and so not an enhancement. Recent Nokia phones can play MPEG4 video & audio (i.e. m4a files as produced by the likes of iTunes, as long as there is no iTunes DRM).

3) No. If I wanted a phone that big (2 keypads will increase the size) then I'd buy one of the Nokia communicator devices, which has both keypads and is a fold design but much more useful than your suggestion, the phone keypad is on the outside and the qwerty keypad is on the inside, giving 2 clearly separate modes of operation.

Sorry if that is rather negative feedback but what you are suggesting doesn't sound particularly new to me.

Sorcery