Discussion Board

Flash Lite content

Hello,

do anyone know if Flash Lite1.1 content can support oma drm? I was trying to wrap the swf with forwardlock and combine delivery, using NMIT4.1, I just load the swf and save as a .dm file. But it could not success in S40 handsets ( 6233 ), prompt "unknow format" msg.

may someone help on this problem? I am targeting on S40 handsets as I know S60 can use sis to wrap and protect the game.

p.s. I found the Content-Type is blanked, is that I am missing this part? what is the content type then?

Thanks in advance!

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Flash Lite content

Ciao

OMA DRM 1.0 is supported.
    You need to define the Content-Type fiels as the shockwave MIME type.

Alessandro

hi biskero,

thanks! i have tested it on forward lock and combine delivery, if the mime is correct the file can be read. But not sure how to do with separate delivery. I think I cannot do it myself, but need help on the operators on the Wap push thing, am I correct?

a stupid question, is wap push just a sms with a wap link? please let me know how it is defined, thanks a lot!

Nokia Developer Champion

Ciao

yes separate delivery you need to send a WAP Push via SMS to the phone. I am trying to test it but need to setup the SMS gateway.

Do not all the details but that's how it should work. You send the rights object via WAP Push (SMS) after the .dcf file is downloaded

Alessandro

hi biskero,

thanks for your prompt reply!

need to have SMS gateway, but do we still need to connect to any third party you think? I wonder if possible to do the testing all by ourself.....

so "sending the right object" via wap push means sending the link of the right object via a link in the SMS? I just try to push the right object into the handset via bluetooth, but it is not recognized.

Nokia Developer Champion

Ciao

one thing that is not clear to me is that the Separate Delivery Rights Object must be sent via WAP Push.
    At least this is the OMA implementation, but if you look at the delivery methods they include:
    MMS
    OMA Download
    HTTP Download

Not sure if these methods are only valid for the .dcf file and not for the rights object. Someone on this forum told me that you must use WAP Push for the rights object.
    But I still not convinced since reading the OMA docs and other implementation docs, they state that that's one implementation.

So it would be great to have some definite answer by someone who is an expert in DRM delivery methods.

Alessandro

I agree with what biskero said, with my testing, I tried to download the right object via http, the format is not supported. If sent via bluetooth, the right object would be put somewhere else (gallery) that you won't believe that could have any relation with the dcf you installed.

could anyone give details or success example? pls let us know how could we do it, thanks!

I've been playing with seperate delivery lock all day and have not managed to suss it out. The documentation from Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Adobe I have been reading is so vague and leave so much to assumption...

Adobe did a great article on applying forward lock to flash lite which I followed and was able to do in no time...

We need one for seperate delivery.. there is no good quality documentation on how to set it up successfully, even if it means setting up wap push facility or whatever.. we have to work it out painfully by trial and error..

does anyone have a good quality resource on how to set it up ?