Discussion Board

CSEcureSocket::StartClientHandshake, trouble in emulator

Hi,

A couple of days ago i noticed that SSL does not work as before in emulator, tried reinstall SDK but it did not help.

The problem is this, after StartClientHandshake and after that SetActive, RunL never gets called, but if i change some parameters, for example from TLS1.0 to SSL3.0(server only supports TLS) then i come to RunL with iStatus set to some error. It worked a couple of days ago, could Windows Update screw up things or something like that?
    The SDK un use is 3rd Edition MR.

Any idea how to solve this or is someone else having the same issue? I doubt that some changes in my code on other places broke this. Is there any example in the SDK that I could use and see if it has the same behaviour, I did not find any in this SDK, but i think the older ones had one.

Re: CSEcureSocket::StartClientHandshake, trouble in emulator

Hi cartman_ume
    I have the same problem, but I've never had SSL working on the emulator, actually this is quite irritating as now I can only use real device E60. The E60 reboots after I disconnect from WLAN. Anyway is it still the same SDK you are using? I use S60 3rd Maintenance Release.

I've tried editing the CommsDB to no avail. Changed my emulator to use Symbian native stack. Never got this working though, the steps in other post does't work for me. But there is a part in the CommDB for SSL. I've changed the dll from ssladapter.dll to ssl.dll, as I have search for ssl*.dll and only found ssl.dll. This did not work. Did you find a solution in the meantime?

Super Contributor

I'v used the ssl stuff fine on the emulator aside from this known issue
    http://forum.nokia.com/document/Foru...S60_3rd_Ed.htm

What error code are you getting.

It started working again after some days, and then stopped working. Luckily I could do the most of my testing on real device.

If you never had it working at all I have no idea what it might be. But as long as RunL gets called and you get some error it would help to post it here I guess.

Hi thanks for the replies, I've developed the security part of the software to a stage where I was happy with it, then disabled the security in both the Windows Server and Symbian client, to work on the other parts. Sorry I didn't check the Thread again.
    I have applied http://forum.nokia.com/document/Foru...S60_3rd_Ed.htm

The Panic I recieve is KERN-EXEC 3, my RunL is never called in the emulator.
    Thank you